TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Running very rich following initial warm-up
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Running very rich following initial warm-up

Posted by rhombicblue on November 19, 2023 at 11:59 AM
  This message has been viewed 115 times.

In Reply To Re: Running very rich following initial warm-up posted by Cjw3 on November 18, 2023 at 07:18 PM

Message CJ, thanks for the reply! The ECU was tuned at Specialty Z and has a fuel map selector (Moates) installed. The car had sat for ~ 4 months with Ethanol in the tank. Since my original post, I checked the oil for signs of Ethanol smell. The smell of Ethanol was present. I decided to change the oil and filter and drain the fuel tank. I placed ~ 5 gallons of gasoline (91 RON) in the tank. I changed the fuel map selector to a 91 RON fuel map. The engine started right up. It runs fairly well upon start-up, but once it warms up (around 1300 RPM, the AFRs become very rich (12.5 - 10) and misfires and stumbles occur. I used a screwdriver to listen to the injectors. They all appear to be functioning and sound the same. I am guessing that it is possible for the injectors to be audible but still not completely closing. This may be the reason for the smell of fuel in the oil, the high AFRs and the stumbling. However, that being said, the fuel pressure remains consistent at ~40 PSI even after the car sits overnight. I have started the engine several times now for ~ 5 minutes each time. The engine performance appears to be consistent. I have checked the coolant fuel sensor and it appears to be functioning within parameters. I started the engine yesterday and the engine is running very rough. It will only run for about a minute before it dies. I checked the smell of the oil and it smells like gasoline.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.